Exciting news! The Lime Academy is OPEN.
A game-changer: live, personalized mentorship from experienced professionals to take your career to the next level. We’re talking about the Lime Academy, of course. But let’s take a step back for a second.
In the past few years, we’ve helped thousands of performers achieve their dream gig. Seeing our musicians floating around the ocean playing music has been both a privilege and a joy. It’s an opportunity that can truly change your life, and we want to offer it to as many people as possible.
Until now, we haven’t been able to help the majority of performers who apply with Lime. Only 1 of 7 musicians passes our audition. That’s just 15%! So we posed the question to ourselves: how could we flip this trend? How could we help the other 85% of musicians who want these jobs?
We started spending a lot of time on this, reviewing auditions and brainstorming. Then we compiled all the data, and boiled it down to a small set of specific concepts and techniques. To summarize, without getting into the weeds: most performers haven’t had the chance to amass the skill set and gain the experience needed to work onboard. But we believe that’s about to change.
After years of careful review, we’ve arrived at a solution. An answer to our own question. And we’re super excited about it. This is mentorship. This is the Lime Academy.
What is the Lime Academy, you ask? Well, it’s where semi-pro and professional musicians go to take things to the next level. To transform your playing. Transform your career. And while that may sound dramatic, believe it: it’s the real deal.
Okay, but what does all that really mean?
Nowadays, information is everywhere, but wisdom is rare. That’s where our crew of mentors comes in. The Lime Academy has world-class performers who will help you internalize the knowledge that has taken them years and years to build up. They will open up about their experiences, mistakes, and lessons learned on a variety of topics, providing a treasure trove of practical knowledge and personalized wisdom to each musician in their respective programs.
Speaking of which, our programs include “Next-Level Improvisation” with guitarist, arranger, and composer Carl Mörner Ringström, who was nominated for a BMW World Jazz Award in 2015, “Transform Your Soloing” with Latin Grammy-nominated saxophonist and multi-instrumentalist Felipe Castro, and “Music Leadership: How to Be an Effective Bandleader” with Jim Lutz, who has spent the last decade as a musical director and designer for Cirque du Soleil. And the list goes on.
If we haven’t made it clear already, we’re all about mentorship. It’s the founding principle of the Lime Academy. This is not a university, and this is not an online course. This is better than that. More effective. And way more efficient. Each Lime Academy program combines practical skills – super-condensed, and immediately applicable – with the wisdom and guidance of your mentor. We’re talking super-accelerated learning.
Your program begins with a 1-on-1 session to understand your goals, and then unfolds with a series of five masterclasses, where the mentor will dive deep into various topics, urging you to take action using the new tools you’ve been shown. Follow-up private sessions reinforce the masterclasses, molding the new tools to you, and offering you personalised feedback to transform your performance.
If you want to get better faster, this is your jetpack.
If you feel like you’ve plateaued, this is your kickstarter.
If you want to rediscover your craft, this is your inspiration.
If you want to achieve your dream gig, this is your compass.
Let’s get you to where you want to be.
Find more information on mentors and programs here.