1. Who we are
2. How we process data
Our business purpose is to provide you with cruise ship employment, by introducing you to different cruise lines. The way we process your data is very simple: we only collect data from the application form you willingly fill out on our website, and it goes directly into our database. We don’t collect data from third parties. Once you are eligible for cruise ship employment, we share your information with the cruise lines, so they are able to offer you employment.
3. What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data under the following categories:
- Data you enter when filling in any form on the website – such as when you register or update the details of your user account.
Data relating to your direct communication with Lime Lime may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Your password for your profile on Lime’s database;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Your location; • History of cruise ship employment through Lime;
- History of commission payment, and payment details;
- Your correspondence and communication with Lime;
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. We do not collect payment details. If you enter payment details when paying an invoice, these are sent directly to our payment provider, Quickbooks, which stores them securely, and you acknowledge and accept Quickbooks’ terms and policies when paying for your invoice. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example, when you set up an account on our website, submit an enquiry, or send a message to our customer service team.
3.2. Data cookies
3.3. Other technologies
Our website may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message (email or text) or accessed a certain link.
When someone visits our website, we use one or more third-party services, including Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to different pages on our site, and their usage patterns within those pages. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google or other organisations to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
4. When do we share or enclose personal data?
Your personal information may be disclosed as follows:
- When eligible for cruise ship employment, your data will be sent to your possible future employer (the cruise lines);
- When you are joining a ship where another Lime musician is on board, we might put you in touch with such musician with the purpose of introducing each other.
4.2. Business transfers
5. Mailing lists
If you register as a musician on our website, or create an enquiry as a customer looking for musicians, we will use your provided contact details to get in touch with any important information regarding your use of our product and websites. For example, we may send information about new partnerships you via email, or send you an email with information for an available contract on a cruise ship. We’ll always send important service messages to you via email. Where our communication is primarily for marketing purposes, we’ll ask you to explicitly opt-in to receive these types of messages.
6. Access your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. The majority of the data we hold can be viewed, amended or deleted by you using the tools on our website. For example, if you are a registered musician, you may use your login information to edit the details held about you or your act.
If you are unclear about the use of these tools or have a data request which cannot be completed online using our website, please email your request to info@LimeMusicEntertainment.com.
7. Data security
We follow a number of best practices and make every effort to keep your data secure. We follow both technical and organisational measures to protect user data from unlawful loss, modification or access.
Examples of how we implement technical security safeguards include but are not limited to:
- Encryption of all passwords using an industry-standard hashing and salting algorithm
- Always using secure HTTP with SSL (HTTPS) to serve pages on our website
- Mitigating the effects of possible DDoS or other attacks using a third-party CDN (Content Distribution Network)
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet, and no method of storing electronic information can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your personal information that we store.
8. Data breaches
In the unlikely event of a data security incident, we’ll notify all affected customers promptly and without delay. In most cases, this notification will be sent via email. Where required to do so, we’ll also notify the Information Commissioner (ICO). Our reporting of a data incident does not constitute acknowledgement of any fault or liability on our part. Where possible, we will notify customers of steps we are taking to mitigate the effects of an incident, and steps we are taking to prevent future incidents of a similar nature.
This document was last reviewed on 21st May 2018.
We’ll always update this policy if we make significant changes to the types of data we collect or the way it is processed.
For any enquiries, please contact: info@LimeMusicEntertainment.com
Sincerely, Lime Entertainment, LLC.