We’re a talent agency specializing in cruise ship entertainment. We recruit musicians, dancers, and other kinds of performers worldwide, and places them on cruise ships.
We’re a team of young enthusiasts who believe in constant growth, driven by our purpose: helping performers change their lives for the better, and to achieve their full potential.
You can read more about us here – it’ll help you understand why we believe that what we do truly matters.
Want to join us?
We’re hiring a Production Casting Rep because we’ve maxed out what we can do without you on our team.
This role is the top priority at Lime at the moment. Why? Because we’re growing rapidly; the volume of dancers and production singers regularly hired exceeds what our team can do right now.
We need yet another rockstar in our team who would kill it with daily operations and go the extra mile for our cruise ship partners and artists.
What will you learn on this job?
Coming from the cruise ship world, you probably know that each cruise line has different entertainment products depending on their demographics; different shows, different kinds of dancers and singers required. You’ll learn all about that. You’ll need that knowledge to cast the perfect performer for the right cruise line. And you’ll learn how to portray performers the best way possible by, for example, creating showreels that make them shine in their best light.
We work for the biggest cruise lines in the world; gigantic corporations that run a tight ship (fine, many ships). Our operations at Lime are second to none because we understand that to serve such well-run organizations, we need to be at par or better. You’ll operate at a very high standard.
You’ll learn how to get organized and stay organized, fulfilling the needs of 10+ cruise line partners, each with its different outlets.
In short, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the cruise ship world from the other side. How we operate at Lime, and what gives us an edge.
Who you’ll work with
You’ll work directly with — and report to — Jaime, Production Casting Supervisor.
But you’ll interact with the whole Lime Team; we strive to be a very collaborative company, across all departments.
Where will you work?
We all work remote, scattered around the globe from Barcelona to Martha’s Vineyard, Buenos Aires, Ohio, Boston, etc.
Working remotely has some serious benefits:
- You do your job from home in your pajamas.
- Your commute is about 30 seconds long, from your bedroom to your office/living room.
- You get to have a tasty and healthy lunch that you prepare yourself, and then eat it with your family / partner / in the peaceful quiet of your own home.
- You get to pick up the kids from school!
- … you get the point.
But it can also be a bit challenging.
- Work-life balance: the lack of a clear split between the work and home environment can be difficult to manage.
- If you’ve got a family — especially kids — all that can be very distracting.
- You need to be driven and focused to avoid distractions with other house chores and obligations.
- …you get the point!
The most crucial factor about working remote is this: at Lime, we have a work philosophy that’s based on outcome and trust.
This means that nobody will be checking on you to see if you’re in front of the computer or not – we trust you’re doing your very best. But we also measure everybody’s output. Not to assess our performance but to see if we’re on track with our goals and targets.
💡 There’s a ton of trust placed in every member of the Lime Team. Without this trust, we simply can’t function.
What Does Lime Do and Why?
As just about everyone on our team will tell you, cruise ships have changed our lives drastically for the better. Our mission at Lime is to provide these life-changing opportunities to as many performers worldwide as we possibly can.
You’ll play a fundamental role in this mission. You’ll get to experience first-hand the joy of seeing people’s lives improve, and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you were responsible for those positive changes, improvements, and transformations.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- 3-Month Contract / Full-Time Position. You’ll be covering for one of our team member’s three-month maternity leave. This is the perfect opportunity to find out if we’re an excellent fit for each other. We’re always looking for rockstars that match our company culture and when we find them, we keep them! The casting team is growing rapidly so we’ll need a full-time position in the not-too-distant future; if the three months go well, there’s a bright future ahead with us.
- Assess and filter applications. Review the material presented in the application and communicate with the performers to get whatever else is needed from them.
- Send audition material. For the performers who’ve passed the first filter, you’ll send them the specific audition material required to apply to the different cruise lines.
- Bring the talent forward for discussion. Once you’ve gotten the audition material back from them, you’ll propose them for submission to X and Y cruise lines.
- Perform online interviews with performers explaining what ship life is all about and ensuring they’re a right fit for any given cruise line.
- Legal due diligence. You’ll make sure the performers have the right representation agreement in place.
- Send and collect callback material for a specific cruise line.
- Create showreel portraying the performer in the best light possible.
- Submit them to the different cruise lines through their dedicated portals.
- General communication with performers. You’ll check in with them once a month to see how they’re doing on board.
- Uphold live auditions in different European cities or in South America (depending on where you’re based out of). In 2023 we’ll hold live auditions in mayor cities around Europe and South America and you’d be responsible for making that happen! ✈
These are the qualities we’re looking for in you:
- Driven and Accountable. We don’t micro-manage at Lime. We treat you like a responsible adult. We trust that you’ll be doing your very best and that your output will reflect that.
- Very, very organized. You’ll be responsible for not dropping any leads and making sure that everybody who’s applied with us is getting a chance at succeeding.
- Advanced English / Excellent Written English. Internally, Lime operates 100% in English – we have high standards of both written and verbal communication.
- Have Cruise Ship Experience as a dancer. There’s simply too much to explain about the gig and the ship environment — and a lot about it that can’t really be explained at all — and you’ll need to “get it” from the very beginning. If you’ve done ships before, you know what we mean. You’ll need to have completed at least 2 full contracts on board.
- A Bit of a Sense of Humor. As a team, we appreciate humor, and on occasion, we’re even funny and witty ourselves. More to the point, it’s hard to cultivate strong relationships without a sense of humor — and even more crucial, the awareness to know when to be light-hearted and when to be serious. If this comes naturally to you, you’ll have a huge head start in your correspondence with the cruise line bookers and our performers.
- Not being on board. This is not a side job that can be done while on board.
- Location: Based in any country west of Central Europe. Anywhere further east than Central Europe would make communication with the team a struggle – we’ll favor applicants who are located west of Central Europe.
- Remote position.
- Salary in US dollars.
- End-of-year performance bonuses.
- Upward movement within a growing company.
- 3 weeks of vacation per year as well as all US federal holidays off.
- Personal growth and up-skill-ing encouragement. We’ll pay for any course you’d like to do, as long as it’s related to what you do at Lime.
- Being part of a company in constant growth — we love to learn and evolve.
- A very dedicated and loving team! We’re here for you.
- Extremely detailed and up-to-date procedures on everything you’ll be doing.
- Top-notch back-end organization to make your life easier.
Our Tech Stack
We use the following tools to operate:
- FileMaker Pro → Database.
- Notion → Company Wiki/External Communication.
- Slack → Internal Asynchronous Communication.
- Zoom → Synchronous Communication.
- Loom → Video Inquiries.
How to apply for this position
If this sounds it might be a great fit for you, and you’re excited about the prospect of being a part of our team, we’d love to hear back!
Please send us an email to HR@LimeMusicEntertainment.com with:
- Your CV.
- A cover letter telling us why you’re the perfect candidate for this job.
- A quick video telling us a bit about yourself and what excites you about this position.
⚠️ Please bear in mind that we won’t consider applications which don’t comply with ALL the above-mentioned requirements.
Application deadline: July 14th, 2023 – get on it!
Looking forward to hearing from you! 🤘🏼