We’re a talent agency specializing in cruise ship entertainment. We recruit musicians, dancers, and other kinds of performers worldwide, and place them on cruise ships.
We’re a team of young enthusiasts who believe in constant growth, driven by our purpose: helping performers change their lives for the better, and to achieve their full potential.
You can read more about us here — it’ll help you understand why we believe that what we do truly matters.
Want to join us?
We’re hiring a Production Casting Booker because we’ve maxed out what we can do without you on our team.
This role is the top priority at Lime at the moment. Why? Because there’s a huge opportunity to capitalize on the production cast sector of the cruise industry. With the right team, we believe we can grow our roster of dancers and singers tremendously, grab a larger slice of the pie, and then use that leverage to expand even further.
We need yet another rockstar in our team who will bring a new level of efficiency and direction to daily operations, and go the extra mile for our cruise ship partners as well as our performers.
What will you learn on this job?
Coming from the cruise ship world, you probably know that each cruise line has different entertainment products depending on their demographics and target audience: different shows, different kinds of dancers and singers required, etc.
You’ll dive deep into this world, and continually refine this knowledge, which will be crucial in order to regularly cast the perfect performer for each cruise line. And you’ll learn how to portray performers in the best way possible, via carefully-crafted showreels, resumes/CVs, and even the specific language you use.
We work for the biggest cruise lines in the world: gigantic corporations that run a tight ship (fine, many ships). Our operations at Lime are second-to-none because we understand that to serve such well-run organizations, we need to be equally efficient — or better. You’ll learn how to run your day-to-day and week-to-week at a very high standard.
You’ll also learn how to get organized and stay organized, fulfilling the needs of 15+ cruise line partners and themed parks, each with its different outlets.
In short, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the cruise ship world from the other side. How we operate at Lime, and what gives us an edge.
Who you’ll work with
You’ll work directly with Jaime, Tjasa, and Anna, and report to Jess, our Head of Ops.
But you’ll interact with the whole Lime team; we strive to be a very collaborative company across all departments.
Where will you work?
We all work remotely, scattered around the globe, from Barcelona to Martha’s Vineyard, Buenos Aires, Ohio, Boston, Ljubljana, etc.
Working remotely has some serious benefits:
- You do your job from home in your pajamas.
- Your commute is about 30 seconds long, from your bedroom to your office/living room.
- You get to have a tasty and healthy lunch that you prepare yourself, and then eat it with your family / partner / in the peaceful quiet of your own home.
- You get to pick up the kids from school!
- … you get the point.
But it can also be a bit challenging.
- Work-life balance: the lack of a clear split between the work and home environments can be difficult to manage.
- If you’ve got a family — especially kids — all that can be very distracting.
- You need to be driven and focused to avoid distractions with other house chores and obligations.
- …you get the point!
The most crucial factor about working remotely is this: at Lime, we have a work philosophy that’s based on outcome and trust.
This means that nobody will be checking on you to see if you’re in front of the computer or not; we trust you’re doing your very best. But we also measure everybody’s output. Not to assess our performance but to see if we’re on track with our goals and targets.
💡 There’s a ton of trust placed in every member of the Lime Team. Without this trust, we simply can’t function.
What Does Lime Do and Why?
As just about everyone on our team will tell you, cruise ships have changed our lives drastically for the better. Our mission at Lime is to provide these life-changing opportunities to as many performers worldwide as we possibly can. You’ll play a fundamental role in this mission. You’ll get to experience first-hand the joy of seeing people’s lives improve, and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you were responsible for those positive changes, improvements, and transformations.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Full-time position. This means 40 hours a week, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be 9 to 5. We have a flexible work schedule.
- Coordinate with the Applications Team to get the necessary information from each applicant.
- Assess pre-digested talent by our Applications Team and decide for which cruise line(s) or themed park they’d be a perfect fit. Time to cast!
- Due diligence before offering a contract. Calling performers beforehand to ensure they’re the right fit for that specific contract/cruise line and that they meet all the requirements to join a ship.
- You’ll offer contracts! Getting to tell someone they’re about to join a ship is one of the most gratifying parts of this job.
- You’ll be in constant communication with the cruise lines’ bookers. Presenting new talent, discussing the scheduling of our already-hired performers, and solving problems on the go are some of the things you’ll be doing directly with them. You’ll be on the phone… a lot.
- Coordinate with the Customer Support Team to be updated with our re-hire performers’ availability and requests for future contracts.
- Coordinate with the Onboarding and Logistics Team to ensure that all performers can and will be processed in time.
- Visits to the cruise line offices. You’ll head to Florida a couple times a year to meet with the cruise line bookers in person.
- Contribute to our live auditions program. We have a busy schedule in 2024, to say the least! You’ll have a hand in preparing and coordinating, these live auditions in different cities around the US and other countries. You’ll be running some of these auditions in person, as well.
- General team collaboration. As said before, we’re highly collaborative across departments – we’re always helping each other out, even with tasks that don’t fall into our job description. We. Make. Things. Happen.
- Weekly team meetings. Being a remote company, this is crucial to ensure that we’re aligned and updated with all current information.
These are the qualities we’re looking for in you:
- Goal-oriented and driven. Forgive the sports analogy, but you’re our forward, and the whole Lime team is behind you, giving you all you need so you can score. You’re the last link between the performers and their dream gig. Scoring (confirming contracts) should energize you and be a big part of the reason you show up to work every day.
- Very, very organized. You’ll be juggling many balls.
- Professionally fluent English-speaking / excellent written English. This would be the equivalent of a C1 certificate. We have high standards of both written and verbal communication, which is also crucial for cruise line supervisor correspondence. Native English is a plus.
- Have cruise ship experience as a performer. There’s simply too much to explain about the gig and the ship environment — and a lot about it that can’t really be explained at all — and you’ll need to “get it” from the very beginning. If you’ve done ships before, you know what we mean.
- Personable and relatable. Part of your job is to cultivate relationships with the cruise line supervisors. If you enjoy meeting new people, making new friends, and are naturally curious about other people, you’ll have a huge head start in this department. And having a sense of humor can’t hurt, either 😉
- Located in North or South America, preferably in the EST or CST time zones. Even though this position is remote, we’re looking for someone whose workday hours correspond closely to the US east coast, where most of our cruise line partners are based.
- Not actively performing on board. This is not a side job that can be done while on a ship, so if you’re still interested in doing more contracts, this job isn’t for you right now.
- Previous experience working for an agency or cruise line (shoreside) is a plus.
- Remote position.
- Salary in US dollars.
- End-of-year performance bonuses.
- Upward mobility within a growing company.
- 3 weeks of vacation per year as well as all US federal holidays off.
- Personal growth and up-skill-ing encouragement. We’ll pay for any course you’d like to do, as long as it’s related to your job at Lime.
- Being part of a company in constant growth — we love to learn and evolve.
- A very dedicated and loving team! We’re here for you.
- Extremely detailed and up-to-date procedures on everything you’ll be doing.
- Top-notch back-end organization to make your life easier.
Our Tech Stack
We use the following tools to operate:
- FileMaker Pro → Database.
- Notion → Company Wiki/External Communication.
- Slack → Internal Asynchronous Communication.
- Zoom → Synchronous Communication.
- Loom → Video Inquiries.
How to apply for this position
If this sounds it might be a great fit for you, and you’re excited about the prospect of being a part of our team, we’d love to hear back!
Please send us an email to HR@LimeMusicEntertainment.com with:
- Your CV.
- A cover letter telling us why you’re the perfect candidate for this job.
- A quick video telling us a bit about yourself and what excites you about this position.
- Assess these 6 applications. Please be as detailed as possible about what you see, and decide whether you’d offer shipboard positions to these candidates or not. ****
- Reply to these 3 emails from cruise line supervisors and performers. Use your best judgment. Be creative.
⚠️ Please bear in mind that we won’t consider applications which don’t comply with ALL the above-mentioned requirements.